
Running the bases after baseball practice

My pretty girl is starting to act like me. She does NOT like public attention, not even a little bit. She requested that "Happy Birthday" not be sang to her at her birthday parties from now on. Hmmmm. One girl like mom and one girl like dad.



Leila had a super day at school this week....good job, Sis! Asher brought home this school work. I thought it was pretty hilarious that his teacher says "chilly" and his mind thinks of food! Sounds about right! ;)
Tuesday, we were having some special time. He was snuggled into me and we had just finished his Timothy Team homework. This is how our conversation went...
Asher: Mom, I need your help. I want you to help me pick a wife someday. We can pick someone that we both like. First, she has to love God. I want her to be good with kids, like, all kids really like her! Then, she has to be kinda like me.....laid back, sweet, and nice....no yelling or anything. I want her to be really pretty! Blonde or brown hair, you can choose which one. I hope she likes to watch sports with me, and in our house we will have a sofa and a rocking chair. Maybe two of those, what do you call them, napping chairs? Yeah, maybe two of those too. It will be a good place to sit. I'll have bass on the wall. Mom, can you hunt wolves?
Me: I'm not sure if you can hunt wolves?
Asher: Ok, I'll hunt a moose head for the wall too. Then, she can have (fill in the blank because I can't remember what he said), but I will buy it for her with my own $.
I know this sounds like silly conversation, but it meant the world to me. My 7 year old son was sharing with me what he desires in his mate. He is already thinking about her! He trusts me to help him pick his wife (I will remind him that I get to help). ;) I thought to his future wedding day and telling a story of a 7 year old boy dreaming about the girl sitting next to him. I pray that all of my children know that God WILL provide THE ONE right mate for them. He will provide for them in his perfect timing. I am thankful that right now I get to snuggle next to my eldest child and listen to his dreams for his future. I once dreamed about who my husband would be, how many babies we would have, and what they might be like. They are soooooo much more amazing than I ever imagined! Asher, dream BIG!
No comments:
Post a Comment